~ Return to the rest of the site
I don't hold public office. Don't fret about my beliefs, they probably won't ever affect you.
- Anarchism - I don't understand it but it seems pretty cool.
- Baloney - spelled "baloney".
I tried to swap from YouTube to this site back in 2019(? maybe 2020).
The site administration has let it get infested with right-wing puppets and various other muck.
Plus all my favorite channels left.
So I can't really recommend it.
Looks like everyone's using PeerTube now, my only concern with that is data resiliency - can hobbyists keep their instances going with the same dependability as YouTube?
- Call of Duty - propaganda with which I don't agree.
- Cannibalism - if it's consensual, sure.
- The milk goes after the cereal into the bowl.
- Corn flakes aren't that bad, despite their origins.
- Cereal with coffee instead of milk is pretty good.
- Soggy cereal beats out freshly poured cereal most of the time. Exceptions are maybe Cocoa Pebbles and Cheerios. Life cereal is especially good soggy.
- The last powdery bits of the cereal are much better than the initial big bits. A lot of that powder is sugar and it sweetens the milk.
- Bag cereal is just as good as box cereal. Taste-wise they're identical and they're about the same effort to pour because the boxes have bags in them too. The only con to bagged is that a greater amount of cereals are boxed (e.g. there are no off-brand Wheaties where I am) and boxes have cool puzzles on the back (though now that I'm not a wee lass I do have a cellphone on which I play Konami Picross instead).
- Document editor - I like Wordpad on Windows even despite the fact that it's proprietary. Sue me. I like Libreoffice elsewhere.
- Free software - most excellent.
- GNU plus Linux - No. I use the plan9ports utilities (which is a dangerous game but one from which I can recover with my backup hard drive and a couple commands), does that make my OS a plan9+Linux system?
- /bin - pronounced bin
Why? "bine", as in binary, sounds stupid. I think of it as a bin in which to place binaries.
- /etc - pronounced etsy
Why? It's easier to say than ee tee see or et cetera, and the literal meaning of the phrase is less important when it comes to describing file paths.
- /lib - pronounced lib (like in "liberty")
Why? See "bin", except I have no word imagery for its use.
- /mnt - pronounced em en tee
Why? It doesn't seem standard on Linux and a user with which I'm speaking may already have a "/mount" - I did when I was young and thought /mnt was reserved.
- /opt - pronounced opt (like in "opt-in")
Why? The user is opting in to optional software.
- /proc - pronounced prock
Why? Seems easier to say than "pross" like in processes.
- /selinux - pronounced ess ee linux
Why? That's what seems intuitive.
- sudo - pronounced soo doo
Why? It stands for substitute user do.
- /sys - pronounced sis
Why? It's easy to say and short for system.
- /tmp - pronounced temp
Why? It's where temporary files go.
- vi - pronounced vee eye
Why? That seems to be what everybody says. Personally sometimes I say "vee" instead.
main as the default git branch
- I want my projects accessible to anyone who may want to work on them.
main is easier to type than
- Operating system - I'm slowly moving over to plan9front, otherwise I like anything POSIX or UNIX-like, nearly always Linux. Windows is unuseable for me.
- Text editor: ed or vi (or vim). Notepad on Windows.
- on the basis of biology - extra bad. You have to go way out of your way in order to discriminate against people based on genotype - you're paying money to test their DNA or whatever so you can discriminate against them. Weak.
- on the basis of economic wealth - discrimination against the rich is very cool and sexy, discrimination against the poor is gross.
- on the basis of ethnicity - bad.
- on the basis of gender - bad.
- on the basis of nationality - bad.
- on the basis of race - bad.
- on the basis of religious beliefs - bad. All ideas should be subject to criticism, but discrimination implies undeserved misery is being inflicted, so no I don't think discrimination based on belief is acceptable in any context.
- on the basis of religious practice - bad. If all parties in the activity consent it's completely bueno.
- on the basis of sex - bad.
- on the basis of sexual preferences - bad.
- Execution - all people deserve to live, except monarchs.
- Eugenics - proof anyone can make up facts, cite them to barely-relevant research, and get millions of people to fall for it.
- Fascism - short-sighted and inevitably doomed to failure. Awful rule under which to live.
- Favorite movies, without reason or context
- The Great Dictator (1940)
- Citizen Kane (1941)
- The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
- ゴジラ ("gojira") (1954)
- Dr. Strangelove (1964)
- Midnight Cowboy (1969)
- A Boy and His Dog (1975)
- Taxi Driver (1976)
- Death Bed: The Bed That Eats (1977)
- Blade Runner (Final Cut) (1982)
- Heathers (1988)
- American Psycho (1991)
- Hackers (1995)
- La Vita è Bella (1997)
- Buffalo '66 (1998)
- The Matrix (1999)
- No Country for Old Men (2007)
- Superbad (2007)
- Django Unchained (2012)
- The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
- シンゴジラ ("shin gojira") (2016)
- Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
- Furries - pretty cool.
- Gun control - guns shouldn't be scapegoated so much in the USA. The issue with mass shootings in the country is an issue of mental health. However, given that, I still don't know what I think should be done about them.
- Homosexuality - pretty cool.
- Land, Nick - seems like a nice person.
- Monarchy - TODO: end it.
- Necroposting - good actually. If I have the same problem as another forum poster I want the previous knowledge gleaned in the same thread. It also makes it easier to reference in the future.
- Nonconformity - pretty cool.
- Propaganda - I used to make some. It's good when I agree with it.
- Date format - YYYY-MM-DD.
- Time format - T[HH]:[MM].
- Nobody will get on board with this but maybe we could mark dates from the Unix epoch? Just a thought.
- Unions - very cool but I'd rather work a non-union job than be unemployed. And I'll say what I mean - I like unions but I'm too much of a wimp to put myself on the line for them.
- Weezer - great band.
- Weezer (the blue album) - equally as good as Pinkerton.
- Pinkerton - very good.
- Weezer (the red album) - if you don't like it, you can shove it.
- Wrongspeak and wrongthink
- If you're unaffected by a slur you probably shouldn't use it, even in an educational or non-hateful context.
- There are some words I'd now consider hateful I used to use without reserve.
Personally I don't use hateful language because I don't think it's justifiable.
However, if you're okay with offending people, consider this - you cannot grow in your understanding of the world if you don't communicate with people with whom you disagree.
You're really going to prioritize hateful speech over self development?
- If you go on my platform and say things with which I disagree, I should not have to host your opinions.